Have you noticed that we live in a world where everyone is on the go? Everyone is in a hurry and almost everyone is running late and because we are always in a rush, we demand things NOW. When you’re in traffic, you want the car in front of you to go faster or the light to turn red. When you’re at a restaurant, you don’t want to wait for your food to be made, you want it NOW. But then there’s the bigger things that you worry about and you want to happen now. Like, a job, a husband (if you’re single), children, the paycheck, a home, debt to be eliminated, healing, ministry, the list goes on. Sometimes we don’t know why our prayers aren’t answered, or at least answered when we want them to be.
There’s been times when we wonder when God will answer our prayers. Sometimes we wonder why He didn’t answer the way we wanted. Or how about when we wanted. In life we want things NOW and sometimes God has His own plan for us. We may not understand it and sometimes we may question it. It can be a very frustrating time and it can even be a very emotional and stressful time. It’s easy to worry in life and in those times we tend to rush God. So in those times, those times we feel like we want to rush God and that we are worried about having our bills met, food on the table, finding a husband, having a baby, we need to wait and be patient. It may seem like that’s asking a lot but think about everything that God has accomplished.
He created the Heavens and the Earth. Jesus calmed the storm and fed 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. He died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead. There isn’t anything that He can’t do and that’s an encouraging feeling as you go through difficult times.
So when you face those difficult times, instead of rushing God take a different approach.
1. Start with praying. Thank God for everything that He has done in your life, everything that He has given you and everything that He will do. Share with Him your burdens, worries and fears. Ask Him to help you through these difficult times.
2. Make a list of encouraging scripture verses. The bible is full of people who have struggled, people who have had their prayers answered and some of those answered prayers have taken years of praying.
3. Remember that all we have is God’s.
4. Trust Him with what He gives and what He takes.
5. Choose happiness. In these times, it’s hard to be happy and to find joy but chose it. Chose to find that silver lining.
6. Live each moment fully.
7. Focus on God instead of circumstances.
Everything happens for a reason and in God’s time. He has everything under control, just have a little faith.